Monday, July 14, 2008

Farmer Mark in Cashton, Wisconsin

Wow- this part of the Country is BEAUTIFUL! Since the reunion was in a town with a population of 1005, there were so many dairy farms and Amish towns along the way - I was dying to snap some photos! Since you are not allowed to take photos in/of an Amish town (they are offended)...I begged my hubby to pull over at one of the dairy farms and ask if I could take some photos of Mark running around. Farmer Jim, was kind enough to allow me to snap some...but not near his equipment for fear Mark would hurt himself and I so understand- that is some serious equipment! He also warned us of the "farm dogs", but with 200 acres- I thought they would never find us-ha! We were able to get some on his property where he grew his corn, etc...but after a couple of minutes, the dogs found us and when I turned around and 6ft tall me was eye to eye with one we packed up and left. All it took was one growl and we were out of there! I was so excited to see these and how they turned out- I wish I had more time there to play around with my camera...... Next time I know to bring some dog treats and a steak ;-)Thanks Farmer Jim! I have a better understanding and appreciation for our Farmers'.......

Poor Mark and all his "booboo's" this weekend. He had all kinds of cousins chasing him around and he fell like crazy- but tough Mark, just got up each and every time and came back for more ;-) Mark now points and says "what's this" and "what's that"....so he was in heaven with all this new stimili....
He must think this hay is gigantic because I did ;-)

The long road back to home........ I think this picture is so precious....he looks so small.......
Scared of the corn ;-)

Now that we are back, I am anxious to get back to work and snap away! Three shoots this week and I am so excited for them all! :-)

No comments: