Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mark's Winning Photo: Freeman Journal Newspaper in Iowa

***UPDATE- I have a copy of the paper- Mark shares the weekly spotlight with another toddler. It is so cool seeing his picture in the newspaper! I still need to scan it. Even after I scan it I think it will be a little dark, but will try when things slow down here. 10/21/2008

My little boy is making headlines already- his picture was chosen as one of the "best toddler pictures of the Summer"!!!!!
Let me explain........Earlier in the Summer, my husband's Aunt Judy, forwarded a picture I sent the family via email to Mark's Great Grandma (Grams)- her Mom. I email pictures monthly to family and friends and send "real" ones to Grams. Grams did not get this particular photo of Mark from me, but Judy knew she would love it and made a copy and sent it to her. It is a picture I took back in June- of Mark on our golf course reaching in a hole for a golf ball. I found out a couple of weeks ago that Grams then entered it in a contest for the "best baby and toddler photo". She had read about this contest and wanted to enter Mark. I do remember her calling me, asking when it was taken and where- it all makes sense now ;-) She just found out that his picture was chosen as the winner and will be published in the paper. Everyone is so proud! As soon as I get a copy, I will scan and post it! I literally just found out and will keep you posted! Thanks Grams and Judy and we love you!
The picture below is not the picture. This picture was taken yesterday morning when I was doing some weeding in my flower beds in the back and Mark was mesmorized by the mulch. I ran in and got my camera and here is the shot......

No comments: