Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mark the 'Twitcher' at HighBanks

'Twitcher' means one who travels a long distance to see a rare bird. Well, for Mark traveling 8 miles is a long way ;-) An observer would have thought Mark waited his whole 19 months of life to watch these birds outside- he LOVED it!!!! It was soooo funny watching him use the binoculars which he just learned to do on his own observing the other 'twitchers'. There were some serious bird watchers there. We talked to a lady that just moved back here from Georgia and she was on the lookout for some rare bird so she could get that off her 'twitcher' list. Wow- I had no clue birdwatching was so intense. I guess one could judge my love of photography is on the borderline of obsessive (wink, wink)... so to each their own!!!
Back to Mark, he would hug the glass to hug the birds- too precious! These pictures were taken last week when we were out and about. I have some pictures from this week with snow that I will be posting later. I hope everyone is enjoying the week!

Mark hugging the birds (thru the window). He is a very loving child and when he likes something he hugs it...so precious!!!!

Dreaming........about the birds!

Concentrating and studying the birds....... Scientist Mark.......
Really serious now...... Ummmmm........so cute! Turning around to make sure we KNEW he was watching the birds...... Using my 'vintage color fade' with texture.... These were all taken inside at HighBanks- a new concept for me and something I plan to work on all Winter to improve (indoor shots with no flash).... I did not use my flash and shot in manual mode adjusting my ISO.......It is harder (for me) to judge indoor ISO, shutter speed etc...than outdoor...so I will have lots of practice this Winter to improve.........Hands Down- natural lighting is best for photographs~hint, why I only shoot outdoors with occassional indoor sessions. :-)

No comments: