Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year!

After taking a little break from the 'photography world', I broke out THE (ha) camera yesterday and started clicking away. My husband's first reaction was..."oh no, here goes crazy woman with the camera again". No, really- he is happy I have found something I really enjoy doing...he just likes to make fun of me every opportunity he can.
It is amazing how much I miss my camera once I haven't taken any pictures with it for a while. I had my point and shoot with me and decided that was not working for me and although, for convenience it is great- for pictures- not so great!
I am eager to start working again- with creative session starting in the Spring as well as on different project's I have had in the works for quite some time. I need to get together my information and pictures for The Village Voice Magazine- which my business will be featured in this Spring, as well as build my portfolio for my boutique shops in the area. My website (http://www.jenniferleaphotography.net/) is temporarily down, for I am updating the information and adding to it. It is very time consuming and is taking longer than expected. I plan to have it back up in March. And again, network, network and network! I have a couple of families on the 'book's for this year. You may book with me now if you want to reserve a specific date you know you want.
I also want to say thank you to all my clients, family and friends who have spread the word of my photography business. Your kindness and compliments mean a lot and I hope to work with you and your children for a long time. This truly is my passion and I love my 'job'. I thank God everyday for my life, family, good health and friends!!!
On a more personal note....we are eager to add to our family and hope to be pregnant sometime between Feb and May...so keep your fingers crossed. I hear it takes no time or some time...I am praying for the 1 to 3 months timing.
Mark is getting so big- he is 20 months now~ wow! He is over the 100% for height (go figure), 80% for weight and 95% for his head. Hopefully that all adds up to be a smart, professional football player~hehe! Every day he does something to make me laugh and cry (in a good way). Children are such a gift! His latest is putting on our shoes and walking around proud and dancing with hats! Mark is in love with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland and her song "Stay"! He gets in this trance when he sees it on the computer/TV and hears the song in the car. He loves to give kisses and hugs too and LOVES pizza, salad and cookies (everything I ate pregnant). He is talking up a storm- some is understandable now too-ha!
I hope 2009 brings you all much happiness in your life!
Above: My first click of 2009 and below: Mark in a gown- a HOSPITAL GOWN-ha! We had to take him to the hospital to get an IV in December. He had gotten the dreadful stomach virus and was dehydrated. Mark sick as a dog, was still so sweet and cute-just a little pale- like us all in the Winter :-)

....And to the first person that replies to this, you will receive a complimentary creative session and all your images on a disc at no charge. The 30 minute creative session will be in the Spring and will be at High Banks in Columbus or Scioto Park in Dublin. This will be limited to your children only and they must be able to walk w/o assistance. Please email me at jenniferleaphotography@live.com fast. This is reserved for the first person to email me. Fun, fun!

No comments: