Thursday, September 11, 2008

New "Look" on Life....through my Camera!

I was so excited to get some pictures with my new lense's. So Mark and me packed up to Scioto Park right down the street. From the moment I looked through the viewfinder- I saw the difference and was ready to start taking some amazing pictures! Mark was thinking otherwise-ha! He wanted to watch ducks and swing, play on the slides and eat sticks????? HHHmmmm. Being my first priority is Mom and a photographer second, I packed up my camera and put it in the van to spend some quality time with Mark. We sat on the rocks at the River and watched ducks fly in/out of the River and come right up to us (w/o bread)- and soaked up every second! He would point and say..."what's that....duck????" And then I would say "yes, ducks" and he would clap and say "ducks, ducks"...and smile!!!! Even with the few I did capture, I am so happy with the new lense's and I am excited to start shooting away on another day that Mark wants to be a ham- off to the ducks for NOW! Same picture- done with a vintage twist and full blown color below.
Mark was moving all over the place and could not stop running to the ducks and cleaning his hands so it was hard to get a real good shot of him, but I can still get a feel for the new lens and I love it!!!!!! Will post more later- when he is cooperating-hahahahaha!
It was also the last sunny day for a while (with rain the next 4 days- which we need) so we went to the pool and for a long bike ride where I also met a really nice neighbor on my route- Judy! I look forward to taking some pictures of Mark with your antique, vintage John Deere and old vintage Thunderbird on your wonderful property that is 1/8 mile away- or less...that is why I LOVE Powell- so diverse and full of amazing places (and neighbors) to capture pictures! With all the things Judy said she had, I was like a kid in a candy store- thanks so much for the wonderful opportunity! It was nice to meet you and we will be in touch! Thanks again!!!!! Contact me anytime!!!!! My hubby is jealous that Mark gets his picture taken on such a cool piece of equipment and not him-hahahah!
Eating sticks- such a boy!!!!!

The famous ducks on the River down the street. Before I packed up my camera- I snapped this picture. I claim NOT to be a landscape photographer ;-) Also, Mark was on my knee and I was sitting on a not so comfortable rock! All we needed was some fishing poles and we would have been Forest and Mrs. Gump ;-)

No comments: